Strange Horticulture is a point-and-click adventure game that tasks players with solving an occult mystery. The game is set in the town of Undermere, which is surrounded by hag-infested forests and rugged mountains. Players take on the role of the Horticulturist, owner of a local plant store. As customers come by the shop, the Horticulturist is quickly thrust into the mystery.
Players must explore the lands beyond the store to find new plants, but they must be careful not to succumb to the dark powers at work in the world. The game makes use of context clues to help players determine which places to visit and which to avoid.
Strange Horticulture features hand-drawn graphics that give the game a unique look. The game's art style is reminiscent of classic point-and-click adventure games, but with a modern twist. The game's environments are detailed and well-rendered, and the character sprites are expressive and animate well. The game's visuals are one of its strongest aspects.
Strange Horticulture is a point-and-click adventure game, and as such, gameplay revolves around solving puzzles. Players will need to use their wits to figure out how to progress through the game's myriad of puzzles. The game does a good job of providing players with context clues, but some of the puzzles can be quite challenging. The game follows a fairly straightforward path, however, players have the option to venture into some separate areas if they so desire.
Strange Horticulture is a relatively short game, but it is packed with puzzles and challenges. Players may find themselves revisiting the game to try and solve puzzles that they couldn't figure out the first time around. The game includes various conclusions, offering an appealing reason for replaying.
- Unique Concept: Strange Horticulture is a unique blend of rogue-lite and gardening simulation with a dash of the supernatural. It's a breath of fresh air in a gaming space that can often feel repetitive
- Engaging Gameplay: The game offers engaging gameplay with a blend of mysteries to solve, plants to grow, and magical potions to concoct
- Gorgeous Artwork: Strange Horticulture is visually striking, with beautifully designed characters and environments that add to the overall charm of the game
- Intriguing Story: The game's plot is intriguing and keeps players hooked. The story unfolds as you discover new plant species and unlock their magical properties
- Non-linear Narrative: The non-linear narrative gives players the freedom to choose their path, adding replay value to the game
- Limited Tutorial: The game lacks an in-depth tutorial, which can make it difficult for new players to understand the mechanics
- Slow-paced: This game may not appeal to those who prefer fast-paced action, as it involves a lot of patience and strategy
- Repetitive Gameplay: Some players have reported that the gameplay can get repetitive over time as you essentially grow plants, make potions, and sell them
- Limited Customization: The game lacks customization options, which could have added an extra layer of engagement
- Occasional Bugs: Like any new game, Strange Horticulture has its share of technical issues and bugs, which can affect the overall gaming experience
Strange Horticulture is a great point-and-click adventure game that features challenging puzzles, atmospheric graphics, and multiple endings. The game is a bit on the short side, but it is sure to please fans of the genre.