IRS2Go is the mobile app that provides you major IRS services no matter where you are. The mobile app was released by the Internal Revenue Service and would be helpful for all US taxpayers. The app is free of charge and can be downloaded on an Android mobile phone from Google Play Store in no time. The app is also available on the iOS platform. Over 10 million users downloaded the app on their Androids.
Main Attractions of IRS2Go
This app was created by the IRS for the whole USA nation. It makes the service more available for everyone. The app is highly appreciated during the pandemic period when tax-payers prefer to receive information online rather than going outside and sending letters. The app offers numerous features you may already be familiar with but in the mobile version. Check out major features:
- You can quickly find out the refund status, entering the SSN, picking the status, and the refund amount. The information updates every 24 hours;
- There is an option that allows you to make payments either from the bank account directly or with credit and debit cards;
- You can ask for help during the tax form filing, and receive assistance via the app. If they can’t help, they recommend you the web sites that help you to fill the forms for free;
- You can improve the security level for your documents via this app, so all the online forms and any activity from your side will be protected with advanced lock;
- The app offers multiple tips on tax filing;
- If you want to keep up with the latest changes in IRS forms, you can sign up for the news.
Design and Simplicity of Use
IRS2Go does not have an extraordinary or unique design. This is a helpful app created and released by the official service to help you to get the information on your taxes. It is made in a white and blue color palette. All the tools you may need are located in front of you, at the bottom of the screen. Their icons are signed so you will not miss the tool you need. There are numerous explanations for every service you pick. The IRS provides you detailed information on what they provide and what you have to fill in order to receive the data.
The app is easy to use and you will learn how to operate your account after several minutes. The app asks permission for your location, your phone number, and in rare cases photos or other files if you want to send the IRS something through the app. You may also attach your credit card if you send payments to the IRS via the app. However, you don’t have to do it, if you don’t want to. There is no requirement for this. To feel more secure protect the information with extra passwords that the app offers to install.
- Simple in use
- Multiple services from IRS offline department
- Free of charge
- Updates every 24 hours
- Extra security
- It requires your location and phone number
- The design of the app is simple
The app is incredibly helpful, especially during the lockdown. You don’t have to leave your house to check the refunds or pay for IRS services. IRS2Go is the official app of IRS. Anyone can use it for free. All you need to have is Android or iOS to enjoy the services IRS offers.