League of Legends: Top Players of 2021
- 26 Dec 2021
The popularity of League of Legends is growing with new players from around the world joining it. North America, China, Korea, Europe were among the leading regions with high player activity. While for some players 2021 was not a successful year, others showed their best and became famous. We can’t leave the efforts of top players without notice.
Top-5 LoL Experts
It started with China’s victory of EDward Gaming who crushed Damwon Gaming in legendary combat. Yet, the season was full of even more surprises. Players from Damwon, Royal Never Give Up, MAD Lions, EDward Gaming, T1, 100 Thieves, and G2 Esports teams were entertaining the audience with incredible tricks and skills during the whole year. They performed splendidly at small local events as well as the World Championship. The list of names you can’t forget:
- Elyoya. Elyoya is Javier Batalla in reality and the second-best western jungler on this list of players. His team MAD Lions couldn’t be happier with this Spanish player helping them to go through the top league of Europe. Last Spring they even received the Rookie of the Split award. With the help from Elyoya, MAD Lions showed sturdy results and won 4th place. Together they managed to overcome Fnatic and G2, which is pretty impressive results for rookies;
- Closer. Closer of Can ‘Closer’ Celik is a part of the 100 Thieves team who showed amazing results during the LCS Championship. While the team may still not show their best during the year, struggling in Reykjavik, Closer proved to be a real hero. The player lives in Turkey and has fun playing with legends like Victor ‘FBI’ Hunag, Felix ‘Abbedagge’ Braun, and Kim ‘Ssumday’ Chan-ho. The major achievement of the year was his hour and 24-minute fight and victory against Team Liquid. Now Closer is in the All-Pro team with LCS Finals MVP award;
- ShowMaker. Heo ‘ShowMaker’ Su is not a rookie. In 2020 he already showed his amazing skills inside his team DWG KIA. In 2021 he was even more successful, revealing a new playing style on League of Legends. He stopped being a mediocre mid laner in 2021. Basically, he helped his team to rise together with Kim ‘Canyon’ Geon-bu. Nowadays, there is no doubt that ShowMaker deserves the crown of the world’s best mid laner. There are lots of rumors around the player saying that he is aiming for the Faker’s throne in 2022;
- Gumayusi. Another rookie that totally blew the audience’s minds. It looks like the T1 team knows the secret place where all the brilliant players dwell. Lee ‘Gumayusi’ Min-hyeong amazed the LoL world with his skills. Starting from Korea’s local events, and ending up in the Worlds campaign. He was in the development academy of T1 for 3 years before going to LCK Regional Finals. Although he lost Worlds to Damwon Gaming, the battle was legendary. Gumayusi was the one who nearly took the victory from the world champions;
- Viper. Park ‘Viper’ Do-hyen made his dashing debut by an impressive fight with the Griffin team. In 2021 he was crowned in Worlds. While Spring was not successful for EDward Gaming, they’ve learned their lesson. In Summer they returned with a new victory and proved to be real champions. It is probably the best season for Viper during all these years, where he has 1163 kills, 5.79 KDS during 121 games.
This season will definitely be remembered by the League of Legends community. It was filled with championships, festivals, and numerous events. This year also provided opportunities to the new players and introduced them to the world.
Are you a League of Legends fan? Do you have your favorite team? You can share your thoughts in the comments below.